Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union offers a Rent Budgeting Service to collect rent for private Landlords
Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union can work to ensure your rent is paid on time, every time. We offer our budgeting account to prevent homelessness and promote financial inclusion to all.
Step 1. Return the signed letter of intent to CNCU, found here (Landlords Rent Collection Account Set-up).
Step 2. Include the Tenants Rent Budgeting Account Form in your Tenancy Packs.
Step 3. We’ll budget your Tenants income and send the rent due to you.
The Jam Jar Budgeting Account is a great way to manage money, for £5 per month the CNCU puts money aside from weekly or monthly income (in or out-of-work benefits, universal credit, wages, standing orders) to ensure that rent is paid for you on-time, every time.
The small print:
- I understand that withdrawals will not be permitted from the rent account to anyone other than the landlord.
- Any dispute in rental terms must be resolved directly between landlord and tenant.
- CNCU will send the Housing Benefit by BACS payment every four weeks to the landlord. Any backdated Housing Benefit will be sent on the next payment scheduled by us.
- Withdrawal by Cash or Cheque will not be permitted.
- The £5 administration fee is deducted from each payment before it is sent to the landlord
- It is upto the discretion of the Landlord to absolve the Tenant of the £5 CNCU fee.
- CNCU will only make up any short-falls in rent due where tenants send all income to us to budget against. Where there are insufficient funds to pay the rent in full, only the Housing Benefit / Universal Credit Housing Element will be paid to the Landlord and any arrears or short-fall must be resolved between Tenant and Landlord.
- The Rent account must maintain a minimum balance of £5 to remain open.
- Tenants are entitled to open a Savings account, Visa Debit card with CNCU and may be eligible for a loan.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act we will use your personal details for the purpose of managing your account with CNCU. Personal details will be treated confidentially and only shared for the purpose of credit referencing and/or debt recovery if necessary.