Contracted Hours: 9.15am – 3pm each Thurs and Friday plus half day each Wednesday
Accountable to: Operations Manager
Location: Delamere House, Delamere Street, Crewe
1. To manage members’ relationship with the credit union and contribute towards achieving the credit union’s growth targets.
2. To contact members at regular intervals after opening their accounts to identify member needs and to promote the use of credit union products and services.
3. To assess loan applications in accordance with credit union policies and undertake associated duties in managing repayments.
4. To contribute to the ongoing development of appropriate credit union policies, procedures and products.
Main and Key Areas of Responsibility:
• To ensure all queries from members, by telephone, in person, in writing or via website are dealt with efficiently and effectively
• To update members accounts and to undertake any associated duties relating to members bank accounts
• Undertake a range of banking related duties including but not exclusively the processing of direct debits and payroll deductions
• To open new accounts, following agreed procedures and adhering to anti money laundering regulations
• To assess loan applications, communicate outcomes to members and undertake associated duties in managing repayments in a timely manner
• To work with the Credit Committee to monitor and improve lending services
• To proactively follow up new members at regular agreed intervals and to introduce and promote new and existing services to members; and regularly feedback information from members about what products and services they require
• To support the introduction and promotion of new products and services
• To undertake general office duties as required including filing, copying, incoming/outgoing mail, stationary orders etc.,
All staff employed by Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union are expected to:
• Adhere to CNCU policies and procedures at all times
• Identify members needs and promote the use of credit union products and services where appropriate
• Identify ways to continuously improve CNCU services to members
• Provide cover for colleagues in a small staff team as reasonably required
• Attend training opportunities and undertake professional development
• Attend and participate in supervision, appraisal, training and development
• Plan and prioritise own work
• Work in ways that actively promote good practice and address Equality and Diversity issues
• Take due and reasonable care of yourself and others in respect of Health & Safety at work
• Maintain awareness of legislation and regulation governing the operation of credit unions
• Maintain a sense of social responsibility and a commitment to treating customers fairly and respectfully
• Comply with Data Protection legislation and maintain strict confidentiality and security in dealing with all information relating to the credit union and its members
• Sign a Confidentiality Agreement which remains binding after the individual leaves the credit union
• Undergo a DBS check and credit check
To undertake any other duties, appropriate to the post as agreed between the Operations Manager and the post holder.
Join the Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union today.
We are a Community Owned and Controlled, Financial Cooperative. We offer Loans, Savings and Banking services including our chip & pin contactless Visa Debit card and Jam Jar Budgeting services.
If your Bank account is constantly overdrawn and you can’t see a way out, or you pay bank charges and want to put a stop to it, then talk to us about Budgeting.
We offer Loans at competitive interest rates, with no hidden costs, no arrangement fee and no early repayment penalties.
As a Social Enterprise we strive to improve and enhance the social, financial and economic well-being of members by promoting sensible savings, promote Budgeting and offer prudent borrowing with affordable repayments.
We operationally run from our offices Monday-Friday in Delamere House; our face-to-face counter service (between 10:00-12:00) in a private room in the reception of Delamere House, Crewe with a body of paid staff and invaluable dedicated volunteers. Our phone lines are open from 09:30-15:00 for general enquiries or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
The Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union opened in 2002 to serve our local comunity and in 2018 our members voted to expand our common bond to Staffordshire. This means that if you live in or work in Cheshire or Staffordshire we can help you with Savings, Banking and Loans.
Our Board members decide on how to fulfil our strategic business goals under the direction of our members who democratically vote at our Annual General Meetings.