WEDNESDAY, 11th MARCH 2020
Jubilee House, St Pauls Street, Crewe, CW1 2QA
6:15pm – 7:30pm
This is your invitation to attend the Annual General Meeting of Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union. As a financial co-operative we operate differently to other businesses owned by shareholders. In a co-operative any member has an equal say in the running of the business – so please come along to support discussion and help us make the right decisions.
NEW VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
CNCU relies on volunteers. Our volunteers help support the office function, meet clients, assess loan applications and if appropriate join the Board. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be willing to volunteer to help CNCU keep running. At the last general meeting a Supervisory Committee of members was formed to review the work of the Board.
GO PAPER FREE
It costs CNCU nearly £1,000 to send out invitations to meetings by post to members. We already have email addresses for many members and this reduces our costs. We are aiming to communicate with all members electronically. Please help us achieve this important aim by emailing email@example.com with your email address or let us know your mobile number so we can text you.
If you would like an up to date statement then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email a statement to you free of charge. If you would like a paper statement posted to you then we will charge £5 for this.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS – SUMMARY REPORT
Small loans are the main part of the work of CNCU and the number of Child Credit loans of up to £750 which are paid off out of Child Credit payments or other regular income has increased significantly in the year.
The take up of JamJar Budgeting Accounts has remained very low.
Overall CNCU continues to have an underlying deficit of about £20,000 a year. Obtaining grants and donations to cover this deficit is becoming increasingly difficult. Discussions over closer working with several nearby credit unions have not produced any definite results.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Apologies for absence
- Approval of AGM minutes 2019
- Report of the Board of Directors (incl HR Update, volunteers)
- Report of the Credit Committee
- Report of the Auditor and consideration of accounts
- Appointment of Auditor
- Election of Directors,
- Sandra Link, Sam Corcoran, Mick Roberts, Kath Cliffe, Jill Rhodes
- To authorise the board to co-opt new board members up to a maximum board size of nine
- Election of Credit Committee and Supervisory Committee (David Spall, Vivienne Gorst)
- Options for the Future of CNCU
- Merging with another Credit Union
- Closure of CNCU – if the AGM votes to close the CNCU then a follow up meeting to ratify the decision would be held on Wednesday 25 March at 6.15pm at Jubilee House, St Pauls Street, Crewe, CW1 2QA
- Reduction in services
- Any Other Business – notified to the Chair before the meeting
- Close of meeting
N.B. Full reports, accounts and any other papers will be presented at the meeting. Copies may be requested prior to the AGM by calling the office on 01270 685625, or by emailing email@example.com
You will be required to sign in and confirm your membership number to be able to vote.
If you wish to stand for election to the Board, then please contact the office for a copy of a nomination form, which must be completed and returned by 1st March 2020.
S A M Corcoran